Monday 14 February 2011

Diary Entry #2: Week Beginning 7th February

This week I started the market research for my media music magazine. Firstly I had to identify a target market for my magazine. I thought that the best way to do this would be to use my own music taste as this way I could make the magazine more believable as I would already know about the music. My music taste is mainly mainstream pop music: what the typical female teenager listens to. I then researched in to magazines aimed at teenagers (mainly female). I found that these were mostly American music magazines including 'Billboard', 'Blender' and 'Vibe' however I also thought that I could take inspiration from 'Q' as although it is not soley aimed at female teenagers, teenagers still read this magazine and 'Q' feature some of the mainstream pop artists that I would in my own magazine.

I plan to analyse these magazines to find codes and conventions throughout their front covers, contents pages and double page spreads so that my own magazine looks as professional and believable as possible. This week I started with analysing 5 front covers to see what I should include on my own front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment