Monday 7 February 2011

Diary Entry #1: Week Beginning 31st January

During this week we created a school magazine cover and contents page, as a preliminary task, to help us with the main music magazine task we have started now. This began with researching codes and conventions using existing school magazines. I then drew some rough sketches using these codes as to how I pictured my front cover and contents page to turn out like. The next step I took was using the cameras to take photographs for my magazine. When I had collected all of my shots, I started creating my school magazine on Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. This meant using mostly the text tool and the shape tool. I then evaluated my final product to find out what worked well and what didn't which will be useful when I create a music magazine. This week helped me to understand the conventions of magazines and I have also learned more about how to use the cameras and photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment