Saturday 12 February 2011

Front Cover Analysis #5

This is my favourite front cover out of all of the ones I have analysed. 'Billboard' is obviously targeting females with this cover by using a pink background and flowers in the image. As I am targeting mainly female teenagers when I come to create my magazine, I could use a pink background myself. The image is obviously very important on this cover as it takes up most of the space. The colours in the image relate to the colour scheme: the black in her dress and hair match the text and the pink in the flowers match the background. I'm not so keen on the yellow that is used on some text as it is hard to see and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the colours. Another criticism would be how all of the text is on the left handside. I think this looks too structured and I don't like how it seperates the cover in to two halves. In my front cover I would have the image in the centre. "Katy Perry" is again the biggest headline and it is also different to the rest of the text on the left which is all written in upper-case letters. This makes "Katy Perry" seem more feminine. There is a small variety in font: 'Billboard' use font to convey an image of what the story is about for example "Retro Sound, Modern Marketing Plan" is in a more retro font.

No comments:

Post a Comment